Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 21, 2017

· Sewing Pattern Buddy app ·

Happy Monday, everyone! :-)  I was approached by Megan of Kwirky Kiwi about trying out her app for organizing sewing patterns and I loved it so much that I wanted to share this with all of you!

I don't know about you, but I tend to amass patterns in batches and I'm quickly reaching the stage where I can't remember every detail of every pattern I own.... I'm happy to report that the Sewing Pattern Buddy app is the end to my woes!  Megan has designed the app with so many opportunities to organize and categorize patterns according to your personal favorite method and I've been so impressed by how intuitive and easy it is to navigate. :-)  This app is free for up to 25 patterns and is just $6.99 NZD (approx $4.99 USD) for unlimited storage!


Despite being a Millenial, I'm very decidedly *not* tech savvy, but I'm here to tell you- if you already have a smart phone, you're tech-y enough to figure out how to utilize this resource too. ;-)


The app has a wide range of customization already built in with different filters for Pattern Company/Number, Garment Type, Era/Year,  Personal Rating scale, Tags, Previous Makes, Pattern Completeness, and Pattern Type.  There is also space on each pattern listing for measurements, fabric requirements, personal notes, skill level, place/time acquired, purchase cost, printed/unprinted, condition, relevant website URL, location in your stash, and number of copies!


The categories come empty, all the better for using your own organization method.  I really love that I'm able to add specific design elements to the "tag" section.  Frequently I'll be looking for a pattern that incorporates princess seams/long sleeves/collar/etc and having an easy filter to find them is so helpful!


After backing up the photos and info, the app is fully navigable without internet or data- which is huge for me since I'm on a no-data plan!  The images are clear and zoom-able, so if I need to see details from the envelope back I still have access to that information. The app takes up less space on my phone than any other app I've downloaded- I really haven't found a negative to this app. ;-)

This app really is all could ask for as a pattern database and I'm excited to keep adding to the database!  This probably settles me firmly in "nerd" category, but I'm not ashamed.  I love organization so much that the thought of spending this evening adding more patterns to my personal catalog adds a little spring to my step today, haha! ;-)

· Disclaimer- I did receive the expanded app as a gift from Megan without the requirement for posting, and all opinions are my own! ·

10 comments:

  1. That is cool! I think I might have to do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea but I already use Tap Forms for organising my patterns. It's good because you can add in your own filters, categories and tags. I also use it for my vintage magazines and crochet patterns too, although it's a long slog to get everything uploaded!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it took me so long to realize I needed something like this in my life! But yeah, I feel you on the "long slog"! 95 patterns down, and what feels like 83,249 to go! This kind of work is perfect for a favorite TV show/mini-series binge. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Oh! This looks fabulous and the very thing I need to organize my growing stash of patterns. Do you know if she has plans to release an iPhone version? I would be all over that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to inquire! :-)

      Delete
  4. Great idea. Thanks.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using it for a while now, and think it's great. I photograph front and back of the pattern envelope, and once they're photographed it's just a matter of pinch 'n' pull to zoom in to see details. So handy when you're in a fabric store and you see a fabric that you think will be perfect for a particular pattern - pull up the pattern, zoom in and you can see how much fabric (and notions) you need. Gone are the days of buying too much fabric, or not enough(!), on a guess. Fantastic app :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Totally agree! I'm so impressed by the zoom feature- I really *can* make out all the info on the back of a pattern; priceless!

      Delete

 

Copyright © 2013 Mode de Lis . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com