Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sewing Recap · 2016


Here we are at the end of the year already! I don't know about you, but I really love making lists, organizing, and evaluating my progress, so this time of year is a favorite! I'm busy doing my yearly fabric stash inventory and I've taken the time to reflect back on a year of sewing.

So it's time for another year-end recap!  Wow- this year really sped by and was a rather remarkable year in that it held SO much but also SO little.  Through it all, I felt like I had a distinct lack of sewing, but it is a bit heartening to see how many things *did* get accomplished this year!

In many of the aspects of life that I don't touch here on the blog, this was a difficult year of uncertainty and waiting.  It followed on the heels of 2-3 other not-so-great years. (but don't get me wrong- those years also held their own wonderful experiences!)  I feel like I'm finally getting my feet back under me and I'm so grateful for all the ways I've grown during this in-between season.

2016 held lots of changes, lots of decisions, lots of travel, and.... not as much blogging as I would have liked.  I had a dramatic up-tick in flash sales on the blog this year and they proved to be quite popular! Hooray!  I still love estate sale-ing, so look for more of those this coming year, and (maybe! hopefully!) more sewing projects. ;-)

My big change for 2017 will be a new job and I'm so happy about it and greatly looking forward to the reliable schedule!  I know it'll change a lot of things and potentially have a major impact on my blogging, but I'm super excited to see what 2017 holds and I can't wait to get started!  Hope the rest of you are enjoying the last few days of 2016 and I wish you all well in the new year!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

A lower level of inspiration this year meant that I ended up with several skirts.  If in doubt, whip up a skirt- apparently!  The floral skirt was a cheater project; merely revamped from a dress.  The green and plaid skirts ended up being vastly popular in my wardrobe (hurrah!), and each warranted 2 posts.


1, 2
As the year went by, I had more love for sewing so after my first rousing success with this vintage pattern, I knew I needed to make another!  The added bonus- the second one went so much faster!


1, 2, 3

I had 3 projects with Penny Rose this year, and I think it's so funny that they were all in the pink/red range!  These were all such a great boost out of my rut and I'm so happy with how they all turned out. :-)


1, 2, 3

The rest of the summer I focused on stash projects (the striped dress and the bathing costume) and finally getting around to some much-needed garments (the gingham dress for our "Gingham Day" picnic and the bathing costume for summer activewear!).


And finally.... I was a bit more busy than the blog will lead you to believe!  Here are some sneak peeks of posts I haven't put up yet....

1930s blouse and skirt, 1950s skirt, gold tulle skirt for Kathryn, 1940s rayon dress

I also made 2 more skirts (I told you I made a lot of those this year!), a blouse, and some pretty cute London-themed vintage PJs.

All in all- I guess it's not too shabby for a year of sewing!  Thanks for following along this year!

14 comments:

  1. You produced some wonderful creations in 2016 of which you should be very proud. I always look forward to reading your new posts and getting some inspiration. I hope that you have a very happy and healthy 2017 and that the new job will be a great success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rebecca! The new job is going great so far! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh you sewed soo many beautiful garments and I look forward to seeing what you make in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!! I just got my first sewing machine from Santa this year and my goal is to make dresses for next Christmas. I saw your blog post about the cutest Christmas red and white stripe dress and you are my goddess of creativity... Thank you for inspiring me, and wish you a very happy New Year 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! What a wonderful present! Have fun!

      Delete
  4. Everything is just beautiful! I'm so glad to hear about the job. Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love your sewing accomplishments! Happy new year!

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful sewing provides such constant inspiration, stunning work all year long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bianca! That means such a lot! <3

      Delete
  7. So many gorgeous and wonderful outfits you've made this year. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2013 Mode de Lis . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com