Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 23, 2016

· Merry Christmas! ·


A very Merry Christmas to all of you, dear readers!  I usually share a selection of my favorite vintage holiday cards, but this year I wanted to share photos of a recreation that my mom and sister did a couple years ago!

This is a bit of a funny post to share, since it's my sister's dress and I was entirely un-involved with the entire process, however the finished result is so charmingly festive that I felt like you'd all appreciate it anyway. :-)

May you all have a happy Christmas!


The dress is made from a polished cotton twill, which is well-suited to the box-pleated, full skirt.  The plain bodice closes with buttons and the removable faux fur cuffs and collar match the pixie-style hat and muff.  A black sash and neck bow add a touch of contrast, and the black purse and shoes step in for the original green.













· Photos, as ever, by Kathryn! ·

17 comments:

  1. I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    I look forward to seeing more of your inspiring outfits in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet :-) Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much, it's not even funny. Your mom is incredible!!! And your sister is adorable, of course. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this dress so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fantastic recreation of the outfit/picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Wouldn't it be lovely if women dressed like this every day?
    Merry Christmas -Happy 2017!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit and so appropriate for the season. You are so talented. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Blessed 20917.
    Marilyn and family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun! I love recreations- and this one is spot on. Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and wishing you a very Happy New Year too!
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTEST.OUTFIT.EVER. !!! What a wonderful look. Happiest New Year wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable! Absolutely stunning. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW CUTE ARE YOU!? Seriously! This is darling! And you have recreated one of my favorite vintage images ever so perfectly!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mom did an amazing job. By any chance do you know what pattern she used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to tell you that she didn't use a pattern... Wish I could be more help!

      Delete
  13. Too adorable! Hope you had a great Christmas holiday!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2013 Mode de Lis . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com