Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

· Sisters, Sisters... ·


Oh boy, this was a fun photoshoot!! When my grandma's twin sister passed away a few years ago, we came across lots of old photos that I'd never seen before. (you can see a post here) They grew up in the 1940s and 50s and really did dress identically almost every day!  My younger sister and I are not super close in age, but as we were growing up I always had a fondness for matching dresses and roped her into it whenever I could!  When I saw all the twin photos I knew I wanted to do a recreation of at least one. :-)

One of my favorite photos of Grandma and Aunt Daisy was this newspaper clipping- a candid photo when they were out shopping in town one day in 1948.  When we saw we already owned a strikingly similar compact, the idea was clinched- I knew this was the photo we needed to recreate.  Since my sister and I both dress in vintage styles on a daily basis, I tried to keep the styling as natural as possible- the focus was less on an exact recreation and more on an accurate representation of our daily attire.


The photo has been many years in the making- first we needed trench coats, then we needed to coordinate schedules between both of us and our trusty-yet-inconveniently-out-of town photographer.  Added to that- my sister went through an extended period of chronic illness which put the entire project on hold for a couple years.


All the planets finally aligned this year and I couldn't be happier with how well they turned out!  A rather nice recreation, but even more special- some wonderful sister photos to document our friendship. <3

· Photos by Kathryn Grace Photography ·

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photoshoot! I have one of my grandmother sitting on the back of an old car. We went to the Agricultural Museum in our capital city last year and they had a car almost identical to the one in the picture, so I did a recreation of it and put them side by side like you did above. It's one of my favorite photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD. This is sooooooo perfect in so many ways! What a special way to honor your great-aunt, and these are such precious pictures for the two of you to have as well! :) Beautiful job, and beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a perfect recreation!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this SOOO much! I always think it's so wonderful when old photos are recreated! And it being your Grandma and Aunt in the photo makes it so special!
    ~ Megan Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how very special, Lily! What a delightful idea...and a truly perfect recreation! Loved this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest thing that I have seen all day, actually all month! Thanks for the smile :)
    Jennie from theuglydame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable! What a wonderful memory to be able to share together.

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! I do photoshoots with my sister sometimes, and it's always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2013 Mode de Lis . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com