Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

· May Flowers ·


I don't know about you, but I'm hearing the siren call of fresh pastels loud and clear this spring!  This outfit ticks all those boxes and puts me in the perfect spring mood!

I shared this skirt on the blog before, but I've had a few additions to my "true vintage" wardrobe since then that I wanted to share! :-)


This cardigan was a purchase at a vintage store several years ago and I love it!  It's such a simple style, but so quintessentially 1950s and comfortable to wear.

The dickey was a great find at an antique store last spring- one of my favorite booths was going out of business (boohoo!), but everything was 50% off of the already wonderful prices.  I ended up getting out the door with a bunch of things that I never knew I was in dire need of... but really, when it's right there and affordable, how can you say no? And thus begins the hoarding....


I've had fun layering the dickey with several sweaters in my wardrobe and it works particularly well with this one!  I find it amusing how many comments I receive along the lines of, "what a beautiful blouse! you shouldn't cover it up with a sweater!".  Heehee, well, what you see is what you get with this one- there's really not much more to it!

The dickey is made from a cotton organdy and is embellished with lace appliques and accented with mini buttons.  Super achievable, but very effective!




This skirt has become a nice addition to my warm-weather wardrobe and I'm so glad for more separates to wear with it!


Does anybody have a source for lightweight/finely knit fabric and binding like this? I have a few pieces of vintage knitwear that are super simple and they would be satisfying projects to whip up if I could source the right materials!


The couple pairs of shoes I've purchased from Hotter have been well worth the investment!  Hotter has many vintage-inspired styles PLUS an emphasis on comfort.  Padded insoles? Yes please! ;-)  They also run excellent sales and have nice discounts on clearance items.


· Lovely photos, as ever, by Kathyn Grace Photography! ·

8 comments:

  1. I love pastel colours. Your outfit is amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO gorgeous and like a breath of spring!!! :) The colors are so beautiful, and you look so good in it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely and springy! Every piece is this look is so pretty, and I love that your top is actually a dickie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that skirt is! I adore how the pattern changes toward the bottom. And the color fits spring just perfectly. The sweater is so beautiful, too. Outfit goals, right here on Mode de Lis!
    ~ Megan Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful! Love the outfit and my favorite color too!
    Do u wear this outfit at work? I work in an office and it’s
    sad to see how it has become “sloppy casual” to the
    point that they always ask me why Iam so dresses up!
    Blessings
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lily... How elegant you look in this beautiful vintage outfit...and the colours are perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dickey! Do you have this one layered over a slip/camisole, or is the modesty panel integrated into the dickey itself?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so dream like! I love it!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2013 Mode de Lis . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com