Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 9, 2016

· Lately.... ·

Well, I rather dropped off the face of the earth there!  Life has been picking up- in the last month I moved back home from 6 months of living Chicago as a nanny and I discovered that I have So. Much. Stuff.  While I was living away from home, I felt the nuisance of having "long distance" closets rather keenly.  It's rather inconvenient not to have all of your garments in one location, I have to admit!  However, trying to cram all of my rapidly-multiplying garments into just one closet has taken more effort than expected, lol! ;-)


Announcing: The Grand Wardrobe Cull of 2016.  Otherwise known as maybe the hardest thing I've done in a while....

....All of these (and more!) are up in the Etsy shop with more coming in the next month. Take advantage of the fact that my closet is small and I can't keep all my favorites! ;-)


With all that being said... my month has been filled with diligently stocking up my etsy shops with my de-cluttering!  I've continued my estate sale habit and the great weather has opened up lots of opportunities for more of that!  Keep a look out on the etsy shop in the next month especially- I'll be working to get all of my offerings on there: scarves, hankies, vintage clothing, repro clothing from my family, hats (so many hats!), patterns, fabric, trims, gloves.... There's a lot.

As for the rest of life- Sewing. Swing bands in the small-town bandstand. Book club. Planning travels. Researching. Summer vintage sales. Figuring out the next stage of life. Waltz classes. Local festivals.  You know, the normal. ;-)

I've missed all of you and unfortunately dropping off the face of the earth meant that I also really haven't kept up with my blog comments for quite some time- I'll be going back through those and I look forward to hearing from you all! :-)  I don't post terribly often over on instagram, but it is more frequently than I've been posting here.... Hop on over and give me a follow!

For now, here are a few pictures of my nanny life in lieu of a "new project" post:


Navy Pier in downtown Chicago with Judah- the Children's Museum was our frequent haunt!
 

Unintentionally matching with my piano buddy :-)




He loved sewing almost as much as me!  He also was my blogging buddy. :-)



Aaaand... the other side to living with a little.  I had so many outtakes from this self-timer session- good thing he's such a cute little photobomber!



I thought it would be a great time for a shot of my new Royal Vintage shoes... while Judah just thought it would be a great time to check out my intriguing nylons. ;-)



While taking him along on a photoshoot meant less photos and more running/wrangling, it was worth it. ;-)


Hope you're all having a good start to your summer!

12 comments:

  1. All of these pictures are so lovely and so sweet! It must have been such an adventure up in Chicago! I miss that city so much.

    I just grabbed that a-maze-ing peach raincoat you had listed. Perfectly timed, as I've badly needed a raincoat for a while now, but am awfully picky and haven't wanted to buy something "typical" and baggy. Hand made does the trick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable pictures!!! Looks like you had quite the time with your little buddy! ;)
    Hope you have a great summer, and I look forward to seeing what all you will be selling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it does sound like you have been pleasantly employed. Nanny work can be so much fun, as well as exhausting. Hope you have a wonderful summer.

    Sarah
    www.sewcharacteristicallyyou.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be haunting your Etsy regularly. I wish the corral knit top and '30s skirt were my size - I'd snap that up in a hot second!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me almost a full minute to realize that that first nanny picture was you, and not a vintage photograph!

    Have a wonderful summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little cutie pie he is!

    Oh my, do I ever hear ya about the clutter. I saw a funny quote the other day that I'm staking claim to: "I'm a minimalist trapped in a hoarder's body." Lol!

    That being said...I can't wait to see all that you list! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a great time with the little one. It is amazing how you always look so immaculate and stylish even when playing with him on the floor.

    I know what you mean about the need to de-clutter. I am a charity shop addict and am always buying too many clothes, many of which I don't really need

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, you are the sweetest looking - and best dressed - nanny ever (and, yes, I'm factoring in Mary Poppins). These photos are so heartwarming precious. What a beautiful reminder to now have that exciting chapter of your life.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are hands down the most fashionable nanny I've ever seen! I love all of your outfits here. That is too bad you have to pare down your wardrobe (I know the feeling), but it is very freeing to get rid of things as well.
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kinda wish I was 2 so you could be my nanny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a fun adventure to experience being a nanny in Chicago! And such a well dressed nanny as well! <3 Good luck with the closet purge (selling is so hard) and good luck with deciding what is to come next! <3

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © 2013 Mode de Lis . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com