I've been harboring and nurturing an obsession with mustard linen colonial jackets for almost a year. When our trip to Williamsburg this April was approaching, I was feeling the need to satisfy my new "need". The only problem was- I have this nagging need to use up stash fabric if at all possible, rather than buying new. I am fine making some exceptions, but another colonial jacket wasn't strictly necessary (considering I already had too many clothes for the number of days we'd be there!), so I was stuck. I did find some scraps from Mom's Flemish kirtle a few years ago, and in just the color I was dreaming of! Only problem was- there was far less than a yard left, and it was all in odd pieces. But, when powered by an obsession, I'm not one to back down! ;-) I mulled over my options for a couple weeks, and finally came up with this design. I am proud to say that I was able to fit everything on the fabric and only had to piece ONE shoulder strap!! Yes, I was rather smug. :-) I chose the front lacing and the waist seam to save on fabric, but I really like how it pushed me out of my normal jacket ideas! The printed kerchief was a very fortuitous happen-stance: Mom bought the fabric for a new jacket for herself, and it just happened to be the exact colors of my new jacket and new petticoat. I'm still not totally sold on the green petticoat- I love it all together, but it seems a bit too planned and coordinated. But, it's the best option I've got now and it wasn't planned to match so well, so it'll do for now. ;-) The jacket is completely hand-sewn and lined in linen. I used J.P. Ryan's robe a l'Anglaise pattern as a base, and made several modifications.